ANGER MANAGEMENT TRAINING FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE OFFENDERS
A complete Home Study and On-Line Education Course
Our Anger Management Home study course for domestic violence offenders will be accepted upon request by most municipal courts. The course meets and fulfills the conditions for probation or dismissal stipulated in most court ordered anger management.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
- The complete six (6) one hour sessions CD Program is mailed to you following your phone registration and fee payment.
- Finish the easy post test (open book) and return it to us in the envelope provided.
- Undergo a 1 hour review session (by phone) with one of our counselors.
- Your Certificate and a notarized letter of completion is mailed (faxed or e-mailed) to you the same day! That's it!
Purpose of the Training:
This detail home study course is designed to demonstrate the importance of understanding their anger as the underlying and active factor in their anti-social and battering behavior. Domestic violence offenders are provided with a broad base of knowledge specific to building basic anger management skills and techniques.
COURSE CONTENT/INSTRUCTIONAL METHOD:
The Anger Management Home Study Course presents a learning module for understanding the Psychology and psycho-dynamics of Anger using 6 CD's to examine the underlying issues of power and control which fuels the offender's impulsive and historical explosive anger (rage).
- Offenders will examine his/her anger management skills as a prerequisite for changing their battering behaviors.
- Offenders will learn key terms and definitions related to the five (5) basic states of anger.
- Offenders will learn how to replace their current negative methods of dealing with their anger with more appropriate and effective techniques.
- Offenders will learn how to convert their anger episodes into an opportunity to develop self-respect.
- Offenders will learn to identify and effectively cope with the underlying fear associated with their anger ( i.e. jealousy and possessiveness).
- Understand the role of their own negative attitudes in their conflicts with others and the means of changing them.
- Understand the "yoga" of Anger Management and the mental disciplines associated with it.
COMPLETION TIME: Approx. 5-7 hours